Shipkoo HK Limited (Company Registration Number: 2888585) is a company incorporated in Hong Kong. Shipkoo owns and operates the technology platform (“Platform”) providing parcel tracking solutions and order management system for merchants (“Service(s)”) through its websites at https://www.shipkoo.com and http://www.app.shipkoo.com.
1. Your consent
We will only collect, use or disclose your personal data where it is fair and lawful to do so. In most cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly; however, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behaviour. You are not obliged to provide such consent, but without such consent, our services to you may be limited.
2. Collection of your Personal Data
We may collect your personal data online through our website (https://www.shipkoo.com) or via other means (including our physical stores, direct marketing or application for use of our services) and use of such personal data will help us add more products and services of interest to you and also to ensure that your shopping experience with us is an enjoyable and personalized one.
Provision of personal data online
When you register or place an order with us or receive various features or services that we offer online through our website or participate in other online or social media activities, we may collect personal data such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information, or any other personal data you voluntarily provide to us, as the case maybe.
We will only collect personal data which we believe to be necessary to fulfill the Purposes (defined hereinbelow). The provision of such personal data is voluntary. However, we may not be able to fulfill the Purposes (defined hereinbelow) and provide services to you if such personal data have not been provided. We may contact you to verify the accuracy of the personal data provided by you and will not retain your personal data longer than necessary to fulfill the Purposes (defined hereinbelow).
3. Purpose of collection
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to better serve our users.
We use the personal data collected from you for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- assessing, verifying and administering your data (including processing your membership registration/application and allowing you to participate in our marketing, promotional and corporate activities);
- fulfilling your orders for products and services you may make with us (including maintaining your shopping cart on our website, order processing and payment clearing);
- handling and responding to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints;
- direct marketing (please refer to paragraph 6 below for more details);
- conducting analysis to help us better understand you and to improve our services and products; and
- any other purposes directly related to the above.
4. Transfer of personal data
We may disclose or transfer your personal data to our related companies (including our holding companies and/or affiliated companies) or any third party service providers, whether within or outside Hong Kong, as necessary on a need-to-know basis to fulfill any of the Purposes. We may also disclose or transfer your personal data to any other party when we believe such disclosure or transfer is mandatory for legal reasons or where it is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
We will not disclose or transfer your personal data as stated above unless we have obtained your prior express consent. You may indicate your preference where appropriate or request us to change your preference (without any fees), at any time by contacting our Customer Service Representative in accordance with paragraph 12 hereinbelow. We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations in Hong Kong, as amended from time to time, to safeguard the personal data we disclose or transfer.
5. Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which the personal data is to be used and erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law.
6. Direct marketing
We intend to use your personal data for marketing activities (“Marketing Activities”) from time to time, including
- marketing our products and services, activities, contests, promotional offers (benefits and privileges), special events and any other information which we think may be of relevance, or sending out free product samples; and
- marketing products and services, activities, contests, promotional offers (benefits and privileges) and special events of our vendors, business partners or third party service providers; and
- conducting research and evaluation.
Such Marketing Activities may be provided to you in various methods in accordance with the personal data you provide to us, including advertisement, postal mail, telephone call, email, text or messages on your wireless or mobile device.
7. Protection of Information
To protect your personal data while you are using our website, we use sophisticated encryption technology and secured servers to keep your personal data safe. All your ordering information is protected during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer, which encrypts the information that you input so that it cannot be read in transit. Other security measures include restricting access to personal data to employees who have a need to use the data and who have been trained to handle such data properly and observe confidentiality. No unauthorized access will be allowed.
9. Websites of third parties
10. Rights of access and update of personal data
You may check whether we hold any of your personal data and, if so, you may also request access, verify, update or correct, or request a copy of your personal data held by us by contacting our Customer Service Representative in accordance with paragraph 12 hereinbelow. We will verify your identity before handling your request and a reasonable fee may be charged for complying with such request. We endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable time.